Introduction:-

Hello,

My name is Djehane Hassouna... and this is my first blog post... 


I grew up in the neighborhood of the pyramid of Giza, Egypt. I was fascinated by the ancient Egyptian culture. I had endless conversations with the Sphinx and the pharaonic historical characters.


My greatest pleasure is writing poetry. Ever since my grandfather introduced me to Victor Hugo, who is a remarkable French poet and writer and whose writing reflects history as well as the present, I have been following his example by expressing myself on a deep and sophisticated level.


When I first came to the US, in 1962, I only spoke French, Arabic, and Italian; I did not speak English whatsoever.  Since then, I studied in Boston, Vermont, and Pittsburgh.


After receiving my Ph.D., I focused exclusively on writing poetry. During that time, unfortunately, I became very sick and I am now using a wheelchair all the time. This was a great setback for my progress, but I kept writing, nevertheless. 


I always wanted to publish my poems, but I did not know how to go about it.

My daughter constantly encouraged me while my friends showed interest in my poetry. It’s a wonderful feeling that kept me going all those years. 


I was very fortunate to discover a company named Tellwell Publishing. Under their guidance, my distant dream of publishing my poetry became a reality. They helped me edit, design, and market my book. They distributed my book worldwide. The people at Tellwell were very encouraging during this entire overwhelming process.


Finally, I just published my first book of Poetry: “Rainbow of Emotions.” And this is only the beginning... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog